The marketing world is often dynamic that is frequently changing with the trends, technology, and tactics that are never stagnant.
Being aware of how the business online functions is a great way to get an idea of which areas of your business online might need more of your focus.
That’s why it’s critical that your business stays up to date with new developments in the industry — the last thing you want is for your business to fall behind while your competitors stay ahead of the curve.
Image Source : Buisness MANTRA
But how can you be sure you’re keeping up with the times?
It can be possible with the updated digital marketing statistics of everything at one place.
Digital Marketing Statistics that you should know
In this post, we’ve gathered tons of digital marketing statistics so you can use that data and knowledge to grow your business.
What Is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is an online marketing platform that is used to identify, build, and target an audience to turn into paying customers for a product or service.
This type of electronic marketing involves using many digital channels to connect with current and prospective customers.
Some examples are
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Email Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Native Advertising
- Inbound Marketing
Obviously, digital marketing is a fantastic way to grow your business online, but what if you’re not sure where to start?
To get a better idea of who is doing what on the internet, let’s check out some digital marketing facts.
Social Selling Statistics
Social Networking is an incredibly powerful medium that can be used to drastically improve sales results.
Image Source : Deskera
For many salespeople, social selling has replaced the sometimes dreaded practice of cold calling.
- 78% of salespeople using social media perform better than their peers. (Screwpile Communications)
- 98% of sales reps with 5000+ LinkedIn connections meet or surpass sales quotas. (The Sales Benchmark Index)
- The outbound selling strategy of cold calling only has a 2.5% success rate. (Keller Research Center)
- Thanks to implementing a social selling program, IBM boosted sales by 400%. (IBM)
- There are 1.5 billion social media users across the globe. (McKinsey and Company)
- 77% of B2B purchasers won’t speak to a salesperson until they’ve done their own research. (Corporate Executive Board)
- 55% of buyers do research via social media. (IBM)
- By the time a salesperson gets involved, up to 90% of the sales process could be completed by social selling. (Forrester)
- 87% of B2B buyers have a favorable impression of a salesperson if they were introduced to them through someone in their professional network. (LinkedIn)
Email Marketing Statistics
It’s impossible to ignore the facts on how effective email marketing is — for every $1 spent it averages a return of $44.
Image Source : Shutterstock
- On average, email marketing has a 4400% ROI. (OptinMonster)
- Welcome emails have an average open rate of 82%. (GetResponse)
- 91% of email users have unsubscribed from a company email they previously opted-in to. (HubSpot)
- 102.6 trillion emails are sent and received each year, and that number is rising. (OptinMonster)
- 49% of all emails are opened on mobile devices. (IBM)
- 54% of all emails are classified as spam. (Statista)
- Mobile users engage with emails the least out of tablet and PC users. (Impact of Mobile Use on Email Engagement)
- The most opened emails related to hobbies, with an open rate of 27%. (HubSpot)
- 49% of consumers say they would like to receive promotional emails from their favorite brands on a weekly basis. (Statista)
- 50% of small and medium-sized businesses use their marketing automation software to send email drip campaigns. (Statista)
- When asked about GDPR, 88% of consumers who are willing to share personal information want transparency about how it’s used. (DMA)
- More than half of us even check our email before doing anything else online. (OptinMonster)
eCommerce, which is commercial transactions that take place electronically over the internet, continues to grow like crazy.
Image Source : Insights Success
- In 2018, 12% of all retail sales globally were eCommerce sales. (Statista)
- 43% of eCommerce traffic comes from organic Google searches. (Wolfgang Digital)
- There are 286+ million active PayPal accounts in the world. (Statista)
- 65% of consumers look up price comparisons on mobile while in a physical store (KPMG)
- Exit-Intent campaigns convert between 2-4% of abandoning visitors into email subscribers (OptinMonster)
- The total average that each US consumer spends a year on eCommerce is $1,800. (Statista)
- In 2017, Amazon accounted for 44% of all US eCommerce sales. (CNBC)
Digital marketers know that Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the most important investments to grow your business online and when done correctly, it can cost very little (besides your time) so you can use your marketing budget for things like ad spend.
Image Source : Naukri.com
- 72% of online marketers describe content creation as their most effective SEO tactic. (isitwp)
- Google receives over 77,000 searches per second. (Internet Live Stats)
- 67% of clicks go to the first 5 results displayed in search engines. (Advanced Web Ranking)
- 90% of web pages get zero organic traffic from Google. (Databox)
- 12% of search queries have a Featured Snippet box on Google. (Ahrefs)
Conversion Rate Optimization Statistics
Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is the process of boosting the percentage of your site visitors who take a desired action — like completing a form, subscribing to a newsletter, or making a purchase.
- The average number of fields on lead generation forms is 11. (PAGEWIZ)
- Using visual content like videos on landing pages can improve conversions by 86%. (Eyeview)
- On average, For every $92 spent on acquiring a customer, just $1 is then spent on trying to convert them. (Econsultancy)
Image Source : New Breed Marketing
- 74% of conversion rate optimization programs increase sales. (MarketingSherpa)
- 68% of small businesses don’t have a structured or documented conversion rate optimization (CRO) strategy. (State of Conversion Optimization Report)
- Only about 22% of businesses are satisfied with their conversion rates. (Econsultancy)
- Personalized Call to Actions (CTAs) convert 42% more visitors than unpersonalized ones. (HubSpot)
- A 1-second delay in your site speed can reduce conversions by up to 7%. (Neil Patel)
Mobile Commerce Statistics
Mobile eCommerce, also known as mCommerce or mobile commerce, refers to online research and purchasing using mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, or laptops.
Image Source : Smarther
- Nearly all (95%) of people in the US own a mobile phone. (Pew Research Center)
- People spend over 3.5 hour per day on their mobile devices. (eMarketer)
- 51% of shoppers have completed an online purchase with a smartphone. (Pew Research Center)
- 93% of Millennials have compared online deals using a mobile device. (Statista)
- Shoppers made 108% more purchases using apps than they did on the mobile web during the 2017 holidays. (Button)
- There are 5.11 billion unique mobile users in the world. (We Are Social)
Lead Nurturing Statistics
Digital marketers know that their job doesn’t stop at lead generation.
These lead nurturing statistics show just how important it is to focus on leads before and after you have them so you can turn them into paying customers.
- 45% of businesses send their leads one email per week. (Databox)
- More than 35% of B2B marketers surveyed have established a lead nurturing strategy. (Invesp)
- 63% of marketers say their biggest content challenge is driving traffic and generating leads. (Omnicore)
- 40-70%+ of businesses qualified leads aren’t yet ready to buy. (Databox)
Image Source : Mixed Digital
- 20-40% of webinar attendees become leads. (OptinMonster)
- 80% of new leads never translate into sales. (Invesp)
- Companies that excel at lead nurturing generate 50% more sales ready leads at a 33% lower cost. (Invesp)
- 66% of people says that email nurturing was the best way to reengage leads. (Databox)
Staying upto date with these greatest trends and processes in the world of marketing may seem like a daunting task considering how quickly the industry develops and evolves.
However, your business can easily stay up to speed by honing in on the latest marketing statistics.
Develop your own strategy based on these Marketing statistics to you’ll reach your audience members and customers to convert more leads and boost conversions.